Get set to maximise your business’s online profile with Google My Business’s new video upload feature! Now you can help more people find your business online and show them what your brand is all about using video. In this edition of Cube Corner, we share some video tips and also show you step by step how to use the new feature.
So, what’s this new feature all about?
It’s pretty simple really – your Google My Business dashboard is now equipped to post videos – perfect for attracting more customers to your brand! Business owners can now upload a 30-second video which may take up to 24 hours before it’s visible on their profile.
Fault-proof instructions on how to upload
1. Go to your Google My Business dashboard and click on ‘Photos and then select ‘Video’.
2. Select the + symbol to upload your video – just navigate to the place you have saved the file.
3. Wait until the file uploads (this may take a few seconds).
4. You’re done!
Here are a few other things you need to know:
• Videos will appear in the overview tab of the dashboard
• Customer uploaded videos can be found in the ‘customer’ tab
• Merchant uploaded videos can be found in the ‘by owner’ tab
• All videos can be viewed together in the ‘videos’ tab
• After upload, it could take up to 24 hours for the videos to appear. Once live, they will display where local photos do.
Okay, so you’re short on ideas…
If you’re not quite sure what kind of content you should be showing your audience, don’t let that deter you from promoting your brand. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Enthuse them
If you have a product or service that is new or maybe trending, create some excitement and give your audience a reason to purchase it from you! Did you know that 74% of customers who watched an explainer-video made a purchase? Videos are a great way to sell, so highlight the most important feature of the product or service – all within 30 seconds of course!
2. Show off your premises
Videos are the perfect way to build trust with your customers and add credibility to your brand. Take your customers behind the scenes and show them what your business is all about. For example, if your business is a café, perhaps show your audience the type of food you offer and the décor.
3. Introduce the team
Your brand’s personality shines through your people, so why not introduce the team in a video?
Of course, you will need to ask your employees if they agree to be filmed. So, when you do manage to get some willing participants in front of the camera, focus on a topic they can discuss – is it their unique professional skills or something more personal like how they take their coffee? Regardless of the subject on hand, make sure it highlights them in a positive way and adds value to your brand.
Want to know how Cube Online Australia’s can help boost your business’s online presence? Get in touch with one of our awesome customer service representatives today. Check out our products or visit our Facebook page.